Wednesday 23 February 2011

#54 Peace Man!

Theme at I ♥ Promarkers - stitching
Prize Sponsor - Digi Doodle Shops


The DT here at I ♥ Promarkers are all using images from Digi Doodle Shops for their stitching themed cards.  I have chosen to use one called 'Bell Bottoms' and I coloured her with Promarkers I hope it goes without saying! LOL.  For this peace loving hippy-chick I have given a patchwork background of papers from Cardmaking & Papercraft and used a couple of HOTP stamps for some faux stitches running along where the different panels meet. Around the very edge of my patchwork 'blanket' I got out the sewing machine to create a fancy edge border and then got the needle & thread out and hand sewed 2 large cross stitches through the image and onto the background. It was rather tough going through all the layers I have to admit but I don't like being defeated. LOL.























We hope you will join in with our challenge this week, & all you have to do is remember to use Promarkers and then some form of stitching - real or faux. Thanks for popping by my blog today.

Tine :)

Challenges I would like to enter my card into are:
Pile It On - childhood dreams - (the 60s & 70s of my childhood - & peace was a common dream)
Stamp Something - funky
Res-Q - bright
Simply Create - bright
Totally Papercrafts - use a digi
Paper Crafting Journey - anything goes
Digi Doodle - anything goes.

11 comments:

  1. Very funky card Christine, love how you have made the background, may have to try some of the fancy stitching :) Fab image as well, very hippy chic XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Christine, wow what a funky girl, Im sure my granddaugthers would love it, love your colouring and card design. With hugs Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Tine, swear I've seen it before LOL, fab colouring as always, thank you for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the stitching! (Is this the one where you nearly threw out your machine or was that someone else???) Great coloring as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well this takes me way back to my youth! lol
    "groovy" card :)

    So glad you joined us on Simply Create for our Bright and Bold challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, Dorcas, definitely not me! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an AWESOME card girlie!! Love the color combo you have used!!
    Thank you for joining us for our Bold & Bright challenge at Simply Create.
    Hope to see you again for the next challenge.
    Linda - Simply Create DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Linda, yet another stunning creation, love the colours you have chosen.
    Thank you I recieved your candy this morning, thinking of starting on those Christmas cards now lol
    Hugs Kerry xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous! Love the stitching! Thanks for playing RESQ challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card :) the image is fab and the design is perfect :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Totally Papercrafts and Stamp Something Challenges :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovin that patchwork really "fits" with the image too x
    Thanks for joining us at paper crafting journey for our anything goes challenge
    ((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete