Wednesday 2 May 2012

#115 Fairy Tabia's Bubbles


Theme at I ♥ Promarkers - fairies
Sponsor & prize this week - Joanna Sheen (£10 gift voucher)

Now I am not always the most decisive of people - but that is only because I can often see so many possibilities....  When I started to make my project for this week's challenge, this was one of my problems. Too many things flying through my head!  So many in fact that I just might produce some of the other variations as some point just to get them out of my system! LOL. The image is 'Fairy Tabia' by Mo Manning. Isn't she just gorgeous?  I do love Mo's images.

Yes, I was still playing with my Silhouette too, so made my framework for Tabia on this creating a 'special place' for Tabia to reside within the bubble circle all of which I had also made myself.  This circle of circles is in fact two layers so that I could add the coloured 'bubbles' neatly. These ones were actually made from colouring Promarkers onto acetate. The reverse is actually ever so slightly different (a couple of extra cut out bubbles so it is just that little bit more interesting on the back than it otherwise might have been - I know, I am mad!!!)  The logic being of course, that as it dangles it will rotate slightly so didn't want it to be too boring on the back.

The second circular panel is a variation of the first one, but with extra bubbles/circles including one in the centre, a dangling sentiment. Again this panel comprises of two layers to sandwich the 'bubbles' safely & neatly in between.  The chain I have had in my stash for some time (well, years to be perfectly honest, LOL) but the links (fortunately), were pliable enough to allow me prise them apart with some pointy nosed pliers to get my card elements in.

















Now all I need is some sunshine so the 'bubbles' can come to life......LOL.


Tine :)

Challenges I would like to enter this card for are:
Mo's - favourite colours
Craft Us Crazy - favourite stamp company &/or found inspiration
SJ Crafts - favourites (..one of my fav images, cutting with the Silhouette & colouring using Promarkers)
Crafts & Me - fav colour combo
Drunken Stampers - acetate
Our Daily Bread - no dps
Little Claire's - doing the rounds (use circles)
Sweet Stamping - anything but square
Scrappy Frogs - shapes
Come & Get It - anything but a card
Catered Crop - the letter 'B' (...for bubbles)
Sundays With Crissy - things with wings
Inspire Me Fridays - anything goes
Creative Mondays - anything goes
Papertake - anything goes
Incy Wincy - Mother's Day or girlie
Outlawz (Monday Greetings Challenge)- either Mother's Day or for a girl  (the latter)

33 comments:

  1. Ooh this is super! Love what you've done. Zo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine, this is precious. My granddaughter would love one of these hanging in her room. Anything fairies is a big hit around here. Thank you for sharing this lovely little piece of magical whimsy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this.
    Is Tabitha's offset separate, or is the offset welded to the frame? It looks like one piece to me.
    I love this so much, I do not think that I am experienced enough in Studio to design it though.

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!
    Thanks for playing along with us for the Drunken Stampers acetate challenge!
    ~Donna~

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just fantastic I love how you've created this and your colouring is just perfect TFS & thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy this week hugs Nikki & DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing! Not technically minded enough to get my head around how you actually did this, but I know gorgeous when I see it and this is indeed gorgeous! Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Hugs, Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Christine this is just beautiful. What a fabulous idea and am so jealous of your silhouette. Just stunning :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful. I wish I could think of things like that........I wish I could colour like that too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Christine! YIKES! This is stunning! You always come up with the most clever projects! I love your coloring...ethnic skin is so hard for me...but you totally rock it! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Mo's for our fun challenge!! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Tine! YOU never cease to amaze me, what an awesome project! I love your creativity, I would never think to do something like this. Awesome job! I'm so glad you could play with us this week at Mo's. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous! Hope you got some sunshine for those bubbles to come to life! Thanks for joining our latest Drunken Stampers challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Christine.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  13. How absolutely delightful this is, Tine! Your coloring of the sweet fairy is fabulous! Thanks for the inspiration too:)
    And thanks for sharing it with us at Mo's this week!
    Hugs, Iulia

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is really pretty tine, love your work, thank you for joining us at crafts and me this week.
    Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very beautiful. Lovely art work. Thank you for playing Come and Get it Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great idea colouring the acetate with markers! Love the effect, great mobile! Thanks for playing with us this week over at Drunken Stampers!

    ~Spike

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow this is just wonderful! Love the image, and your colouring and the whole idea of the hanging.

    Thanks for joining in with us at Sweet Stampin this week.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  18. great use of acetate. great project and lovely colouring. thanks for joining in the with i can see clearly challenge over at drunken stampers

    hugs

    nat x x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Tine this is stunning, fab design .. so creative, love it. ... Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just completely fell in love with that image!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, what a pretty project.
    Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very cool. Perfect for a little girls room. Who doesn't like fairies and bubbles. LOL : )

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous job, love the ornamental hanging with the Tabia image!

    Thanks for sharing your creation with us a Come and Get It, Good Luck!

    Shell~Alaska♥

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is gorgous, thanx for joining us at Incy Wincy and good luck.

    Caz x IW DT

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are totally rocking that Silhouette Tine! Wonderfully inspirational, original and fabulous. Gorgeous image and colouring (as always) too! :)

    Waving back at ya! :D

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Tine, your Fairy Tabia looks fabulous on this magnificent hanging art piece. So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Stamps digi team's Favorite Color Combo challenge. Hugz, ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete
  27. Another fantastic entry Christine!!! Beautifully coloured and designed!! I always look forward to seeing what you come up with when you play along! Thanks again for joining in another challenge with us here at Sundays With Crissy!
    Hugs,
    Sarah :o)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, wow, wow! Such a fabulous and creative project! Your coloring is amazing.



    I’m stopping by from the Catered Crop.

    ~Cheryl~

    **I am having a couple of give-aways on my blog. Feel free to stop by if you are interested.**

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow this is stunning.........I want one:) Thank you for joining Little Claire in our latest blog challenge xxGaynor LCDT

    ReplyDelete
  30. Soooo sweet! I love the image, and love how you've made such an adorable hanging creation! So glad you joined our Sundays with Crissy Challenge again this month! Hugs, Shannah xox

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very cute! Thanks for joining in with the S J Crafts Challenge! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is so gorgeous and lovely. Very original and pretty! Thanks for joining in at SJ Crafts! x

    ReplyDelete
  33. So pretty! hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete